Many consumers think multiple offers just happen in the housing market in Toronto or Durham. While that might be the case, an experienced Realtor can add additional dollars to the sale of your home with a careful marketing strategy designed to attract multiple offers. Using this home which recently sold in 2 days with 5 offers I will share some tips:
1. Understand the market: Evaluate home sales to see that's a successful strategy in your market
2. Prepare your home: You'll have to spend some money to get top dollar, whether it's strategic renovations or a refresh. Evaluate time & price differences to choose what's best for you. We discussed these things at length and decided to:
- Paint the garage door, trim and entryway to make a great impression
- do minor repairs where needed
- update (clean and mulch) front and side garden areas)
- stage the home using a designer & combining staging pieces with the homeowners own furniture. A professional stager was hired to do the job right
3. Price Aggressively, but not unreasonably: this gets more buyers through your house & will attract those with deep and shallower pockets. You want the deep pockets to fight it out. This pricing strategy achieved 40+ showings booked in the first 3 days on the market.
4. Do a full marketing press: Video, professional photos, neighborhood postcards, it all adds up!
5. Decide whether to accept offers preemptively. A pre-emtive offer is when a buyer offers an irresistible offer to a homeowner - to pre-empt other buyers; selling the home before the designated offer date. In this case we got 5 pre-emptive offers & sold in two days. This relieved the stress of the incredible amount of showings, we sold at top price! The homeowners can now go about organizing their next steps for the move, 5 days earlier than they thought.
So what did the homeowners think of the sale? Here's what they said:
We are extremely happy with the service that Sue provided. Right from the first meeting with her, we knew we found the agent we wanted to sell our property. Sue was very organized and arrived to the meeting with a strategy already in mind. She took us through this process with calm and professionalism, and executed her plan perfectly. The house sold in 2 days! I highly recommend that you give Sue a try, you will not be disappointed!